Russia - Central Federal District
Появление идеи: 2010-03-01
CAE Fidesys is an innovative CAE system, which performs a full cycle of engineering-strength analysis from meshing to results visualization.
Such industries as machine building and instrument making, automotive, aerospace industry can be viewed as "traditional" industries - users CAE. They occupy a significant share of this market, but on the other hand, they are also more saturated in terms of CAE usage.
Solving problems for plane stresses and plain strains
Strength analysis for static and dynamic loadings
Eigenfrequencies and eigenmodes
Critical loads and buckling modes
Solving problems for the bodies with beam and/or shell elements.
Volume of the market: $4000 M
According to data disclosed by CIMData, a leading CAE market analysis company, the compound average growth rate of the market in 2004-2011 exceeded 15%. In 2009, which was the year of financial crisis, the market contracted by only 6,4%. In 2010 the market once again expanded with 9% growth rate and reached the volume of $2,32 bln, exceeding the previous maximum level it reached in 2008 prior to the crisis. According toCIMdatamarket volume in 2011 reach the volume of $2.942 bln.
Three key sources of incomes:
1) Sales and service support
2) Development of specialized industrial systems for Russian Corporations
3) Service of numerical modeling
Sales: direct sales, through resellers (VAR) and SaaS model—FIDESYS Online
• Big business: ANSYS, NASTRAN and others are the absolute leaders. Computational results carried out by this software are deeply integrated in current business processes.
1. ANSYS (www.ansys.com)
Annual income of $691,5 mln about 2000 members, headquarters in Canonsburg (Pennsylvania, USA).The capitalization of $ 4.9 billion.
Leadership is largely due to the combination of two approaches: development of new technology by themselves and the purchase of specialized or successful products (companies): ICEM CFD Engineering (2000), CADOE, SA (2001), CFX Division of AEA Technology (2003), Century Dynamics (2005), Harvard Thermal Inc.(2005), Fluent Inc. (2006), Ansoft Corp. (2008), software which then gradually integrated into a single software system ANSYS.
2. DassaultSystemes (www.3ds.com)
Global market leader in PLM. Annual income from the sale of CAE products is approximately $394,9 million. Headquarters of CAE unit is in Providence (Rhode Island, USA).
3. MSC Software (www.mscsoftware.com)
Annual income of $255 million. More than 1000 employees. Headquarters in Santa Ana (California, USA).
4. LMS International (http://www.lmsintl.com/)
Annual income of $243,7 million. More than 1000 employees. Headquarters in Santa Ana (California, USA).
5. Altair Engineering (http://www.altair.com)
The annual income of approximately $200 million, about 1,300 employees, with headquarters in Troy (Michigan, USA).
6. ESI Group (www.esi-group.com/)
Annual income of $132,1 million, 750 employees, with headquarters in Paris.
7. Siemens PLM Software (www.plm.automation.siemens.com)
1. Improved efficiency of the design of structural elements of traditional and new materials that can feel small and finite deformation and shortening of the engineers by at least 25%;
2. Improved efficiency of monitoring of structural elements of the traditional and new materials by at least 30%;
3. Increase in the speed of calculations compared to its competitive software products through parallelism hybrid supercomputer by at least 25%;
4. More flexible and efficient use of hardware for calculations that dramatically decreases hardware requirements.
The software is developed in a way that allows running it on an ordinary PC, and in case this PC has a video card that supports CUDA (all of nVidia products do) technology, it will utilize it for calculation, speeding them up to 30x times. On the other hand, the software supports MPI (Supercomputer) architecture that allows smooth performance while calculating super-large tasks (several million nodes in a mesh).
5. The ability to solve several types of tasks unavailable in competitors’ software
Levin Vladimir Anatolievich
Role: General Management.
Experience: 5+ years, leading people.
|Grants and money from prizes on special events: $1000 K||Own money: $0|
|Investments: $0||Others: $0|
|Seeking (total):||$5 M|
|1 year||$5 M|
In January 2015 we launched the cloud-based CAE service called SimForDesign – simulation streamlined for designers. It is aimed at designers and does not assume its user to be a simulation expert. The service is in a beta period with the special pricing which ends April 19, 2015.
SimForDesign enables to better understand structural performance (displacements and stresses) of your designs allowing you to evaluate the impact of design changes and to make smarter design decisions based on performance. SimForDesign is not designed to replace your Analyst’s CAE tool for final design validation but is intended to support your design process and its associated decisions.
The current capabilities are limited to analysis of single components and simple assemblies. The assemblies supported are limited to a single material and bonded contact where parts meet. We are actively working on expanding the range of assembly support while retaining the straightforward simulation streamlined process.